Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

mother who?

On Saturday night, my brother and his girlfriend spent the night with us. We had a great time. Somehow I ended up telling a story about my dad's mom, my mema. Court never had the chance to meet her and I was telling her what an incredible woman Mema was. I gave her the title of the Mother Teresa of Shoals. Colby, my brother, then asks the question:

"Did she really live in a shoe?"

After about 10 minutes of uncontrollable laughter we explain to him that "The Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe" was a fairytale and Mother Teresa was an incredible, real life woman.


1 comments:

  1. I agree.... Mary was probably one of the most special ladies in all the land...fairytale land included!! I personally do not know of many people that was respected any more than she was....whata lady!!!

    ......and that is definitely the laugh of the day...Thanks Colbs! I am just thankful it was Colby that asked that and not Court. :)

    ReplyDelete